My dearest friends, it’s been a HOT minute since I’ve put my fingers to the keyboard!!
It’s been some trying times, to say the least in my life, so I just had to come and share with you guys the importance of what I’ve been doing to ensure the good constantly over powers the bad!
Before I get into it, I just want to remind each and every one of you that God will NOT give you anything more than you can handle and I promise, He will guide you through it, but you have to let Him.
When we try to do God’s job for Him, life seems unbearable. When we try to make things go faster, we usually slow things down. When we try to make things easier, we usually make them harder. Don’t try to create your own miracles. Don’t try to answer your own prayers. Don’t try to do God’s job for Him.
So let’s go through my list of what I and what you CAN do to ensure you’re going to have GOOD days, because we CAN control this.
1. Tell yourself that you are going to have a good day. Sounds simple? Sounds silly? It is simple and it definitely can feel silly at first, but you are quite literally setting your intention to have a GOOD day. Say it out loud. Even if your morning seems to be chaotic, we’re human, that’s normal, but don’t FOCUS on that. It’ll just keep you in a mindset of chaos. Focus on how you want your day to go-this will start your day on the right foot and this will attract it to you.
2. Plan your day and be okay with if that day doesn’t go as planned. This is a habit that you have to practice, for sure, but I promise, being genuinely okay when your day doesn’t go exactly the way you want will take a load of stress off your shoulders. Planning your day is Just so that you can keep your head clear and organized, not necessarily so you get everything you need to get done.
3. Make time for the thing that fill your cup. Whether that be working out or meditating, drawing or reading, make sure you are incorporating the activity that brings you peace. I personally focus on growing my mind, so that I can pour into people around me. Making sure that my cup is full so I can fill someone’s empty cup brings me peace.
4. Surround yourself with those who LIFT YOU UP and conversation with them daily. If you’ve been around, you know that I preach that you are the average of the five closest people you surround yourself with. Surround yourself with those who build you up, who encourage you, who pour positivity into you. I have friends who will call me out if I say something negative and I’m only allowed to whine about something for one minute and then it is over. I mean, we are human, sometimes we just need to whine for a second, but we do not need to dwell on it.
5. GRATITUDE. Life can’t get better if you are not appreciating the good things that you already have! EVERY single day I am thanking Jesus and listing all the things I am grateful for. I write 3 down a day in my gratitude journal, but I am constantly telling Jesus throughout the day and especially before I fall asleep at night things I am grateful for. This is second nature to me, just like saying my prayers before bed at night. Practice will make this a habit and this habit will CHANGE your life. I challenge you to be grateful for the littlest things – like a green light, or a good parking spot, the weather! This makes you focus on all the incredible things in your day, that you usually would ignore. Oh, and let someone know that you are thankful and grateful for them!
6. Actively smile. This releases serotonin, and we all need little happy hormones daily! I’m still working on this, but I actively recognize how I feel when I do smile! Pay attention to your actions and how you feel when you do them!
7. Don’t forget to eat things that nourish your body. Fueling your body with nutritious foods will ensure that your body physically feels good as well as mentally! You can work all day on your mental state, but your physical state is just as important!
I didn’t start out perfecting these habits, I had to teach myself them and practice them. Creating a life of good days even through the storm takes dedication and determination, but it has completely rearranged my life. I wanted to share these with you, because I want everyone to feel good and know that they have the POWER to make good days happen! Here’s to your incredible day!
Disclaimer: These are my personal opinions. This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal or professional advice.