Happy 2020! It’s been a while since I’ve actually sat down and wrote and wow, it feels so good! Today I really wanted to talk to you guys about why network marketing is not the big bad wolf everyone tries to make it out to be! It’s hands down one of the biggest blessings, if you let it.
Many people are familiar with the network marketing industry. Some people have been involved in one before, some are currently involved, some want to take on the opportunity head first, but are scared about what people think, and some steer clear based on what they hear about the industry.
- Fun fact, most people base their opinion off of other peoples opinions instead of their own experiences. Open minds build millionaires.
When you make the decision to join network marketing, you have to be 100% committed and the company that you choose needs to be something that lights a fire inside of you. I won’t go as far as to say that network marketing is hard, it’s not hard, but there are plenty of hardships that come with building something much bigger than yourself and you have to be disciplined enough to push pass them and work through them.
First, let’s talk about some misconceptions of network marketing:
- It’s an illegal pyramid scheme. This is my favorite one, because 5 years ago, I remember literally laughing in my friends face when she told me she joined a network marketing company. “WHY?! You’re literally being scammed. It’s not even REAL, sis you’re probably going to go to jail or broke. Do you even know what your doing? Those poor people you scam.” Yup. I said that.
- So… what is a pyramid scheme then? It’s a business model that recruits members by promising payments or services by enrolling others into the scheme RATHER THAN supplying investments OR sell of products. Pyramid schemes do not supply products. Pyramid schemes get paid WHEN people sign up. In the particular network marketing company I am involved in, we do not get a DIME when someone signs up under us. Pyramid schemes also rely solely on the sign up investment, not the sell of products. They also DON’T last. My company is over 40 years old. Oh and let’s not forget in legit network marketing, someone under you CAN pass you up and that is OKAY. Therefore that rules out the myth that only the people at the top get paid. I can get into the nitty gritty details, but honestly, if you’re that concerned, you’ll research it yourself–and when I say that, I mean from legitimate resources, not Jenny’s blog who failed trying because she thought money was just going to jump into her pockets and didn’t do anything.
2. Network marketers just USE people. Oh honey, no. We HELP people. In the company that I am in, we HELP people get their hands on clean ingredient products, whether that be skincare, makeup, nutrition, or bath and body. We HELP others become successful. All in all, we want people to experience the success that we’ve experienced. There’s just a huge misconception that network marketers are selfish, when these people are hands down the most generous, genuine, kind hearted humans. They put other people first, and that’s why they’re successful. When you help other people succeed, you succeed. Just like a football coach helping the players become the best that they can be.
3. Network marketing is a get rich quick scheme. Being in network marketing and really working in the industry, I know first hand that this is the FARTHEST from the truth. Now, a lot of people can become successful very quick, but the blood, sweat, and tears come first. Network marketing takes WORK. It takes determination. It takes growth as a person. You will not join any network marketing company and become a millionaire in a month, especially if you just sit back and relax. You have to develop yourself and you have to do the behind the scenes work. You have to build your network and you have to step out of your comfort zone. You will not go to your 9-5 job and just sit back and do nothing and receive a check. Eventually, they’re going to replace you with someone who will. It’s the same thing.
Now let me share why network marketing is such a blessing:
People who work in network marketing get fulfillment out of seeing other people succeed. Network marketing shows you that jealousy is truly unattractive and negative on your mind. I absolutely love that every single one involved in network marketing cheer you on, no matter what. You’re surrounded by people who want to see you succeed. I worked in corporate america for two years and I had NEVER felt a sense of community like I do in network marketing. Another reason, you literally get paid to help people and you literally get paid to work on personally developing yourself as a person. I help people feel better and look better and Y’ALL, nothing tops the feeling when someone reaches out to me telling me how much better they feel and look. I build people’s self confidence and get their self esteem back. Most companies don’t teach you how to become a better person, which leads you to becoming a better leader and worker. Network marketing does though. Also, even though I went to college, network marketing gives an even playing field for those who didn’t have the luxury to do so. Even if you know NOTHING, you learn, and you have the hands of so many to hold and guide you to success. I’ve watched mama’s get to stay home with their kids, young adults get out of debt, SO many young people GIVE back because they can, people who were in situations burst into tears of gratitude because network marketing gave them an opportunity to fix their situation.
I know it sounds too good to be true, but if you are all in, this can easily be your reality! If you have ever been interested in network marketing, but have some walls up, feel free to get in contact with me! I was a hard no before I joined and now I make a comfortable living as an Executive Area Manager with arbonne!