I am a quarter of a century old, but I did take a shot of tequila last night and I didn’t die so that’s good. It led me to ugly crying when Kolby told me happy birthday at midnight, because I don’t want to be 25. I’m still dramatic. Nothing’s changed. I’m just going to share 25 things I’ve managed to learn in 25 years–for myself. That’s a lot of things. Disclaimer: lots a bad words coming your way. I do what I want today.
- You are number one. Don’t forget you come first. Unless you have kids–then don’t be selfish. BUT, be selfish sometimes. In certain circumstances, of course, share your gummy worms kids. Don’t wallow around in guilt either, we have a life to live. Ain’t no body got TIME FO DATTTT.
- Take the trip. Y’all already know, I’m going to take the trip, preferably last minute and not planned. Hot mess express. Definitely say yes more than no, honestly, you won’t regret going to that concert with your friend or out for drinks.
- Learn to be alone. Go to dinner alone. Travel alone. Movies alone. Church alone. All of it. You’ll be happier if you can sit at a bar and eat by yourself and be content rather than constantly depending on other people to do stuff with you. Then you’ll just be bored.
- Jesus got you. No like seriously. Life gets bad, really freakin’ horrible sometimes. God legit GOT YOU. He’s going to test the HELL out of you, but He will never fail you.
- Apologize and accept when you are w r o n g. Hi, I’m still learning this one. You pissed someone off? Apologize. It is not worth it trying to act like a billy bad ass. Also, grudges only effect you so let it gooooo.
- Make your mistakes, but remember, a mistake repeated more than once is a decision.
- Even the toughest bitch cries, so be freaking nice to people.
- Being an adult and doing adult things actually sucks. Avoid the “I can’t wait til I’m XX years old” mentality.
- College is overrated and over priced. I promise, if you want to be successful, you can work your ass off and make it without a degree. It was some of the funnest, craziest, life changing years of my life though.
- Take a risk. Jump out of a plane–you might die. Invest in a business–it may go under. Take the job–you might get fired.
- If you go against the norm, you will get judged. Do it anyway. Then throw your middle fingers up when you succeed. or don’t.
- Shit happens. Some of it is in your control and some of it is not. Don’t get too caught up in a situation and let it overcome you. Keep on rolllin’ baby YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS. choooooocoolate staaarfiiiiish. If you don’t know the song….goodbye.
- Mental health is so important. Check in on your friends, even the ones who look like they have it all together and don’t need it. They need it. RIP Andre, love you dude.
- Someone has been through it, too.
- You don’t have to get married and you don’t have to have kids and you definitely don’t have to do it in your twenties.
- Take care of your damn body. Outside and inside. Yes, eat the cake. No, don’t do drugs. Expensive clean products for your body are worth it.
- Money doesn’t matter–as long as your bills are paid. Seriously, pay your bills.
- Communicate. SPEAK HUNNY. Especially in a relationship.
- Your beliefs may not be someone else’s beliefs so don’t be a dick. Avoid controversial topics, because there is literally no right way. EX: guns are bad/not bad. There is no set in stone right or wrong answer. Believe what you want and move on.
- Get over it. People are assholes. Things will hurt your feelings. Your life is not stopping so just cross the bridge..get over it.
- People actually die. Death is a real thing. So value your time with people you love. You don’t want to go to dinner with your family/friend, do it anyway. Don’t live in a fantasy land that death isn’t going to happen to you or someone close to you, because life is short, here today and gone tomorrow is a REAL thing.
- Cats are better than dogs, don’t @ me.
- Whoever raised you knows best. Mom. Dad. Step Mom. Step Dad. Aunt. Uncle. Adoptive Parents. Brother. Sister. Listen to them.
- That break-up will not end your life. It may come pretty damn close. I giggle at how many guys I actually ugly cried thinking my life was over when they walked away stuffing my face with ice cream in the same PJ’s for 3 days with no sunlight. thank you next.
- You are a DAMN QUEEN. Don’t let anyone or anything take that fact away.
What a wonderful life I have. Honestly, I’m pretty damn blessed beyond measure. I realize that some things are easier than others in life, so these 25 things are for me. Things I’ve applied to my life, which I believe is the reasons for me having such an awesome one. Celebrate your birthday people, because you are THAT bitch and we all need a day to feel that way.
L O V E,