Let’s get real.
Have you ever been so overwhelmed in your life that you find yourself paralyzed? It’s like you’re just frozen. Physically, emotionally, mentally. Maybe with work or maybe with school or maybe with life in general. How do you cope?
When I created my blog, it was to be my creative outlet when I needed to step away from the 40 hour work week. My intentions was for it to help me when I felt overwhelmed. That soon changed when I started to grow. The thief of joy somehow swept through my house during the middle of the night.
It’s so easy to look at someone on instagram and think… “wow, must be nice to have that.” I do this every single day. I have to remind myself that good old saying “you never know what is going on behind closed doors.” or phones, or computers. The people I follow (AND ME) make our lives look so much better than they actually are. Remember that.
I catch myself being so envious of other peoples lives that I forget to be GRATEFUL for mine. On top of that, I am constantly after bigger and better things that I don’t realize where I am in life because I am so worried about where I should be in life, that I don’t see the growth that I have. I just want to remind you guys that we are all doing the best we can. No matter how tired or stressed we are, remember we are doing the best that we can every single day.
Comparison is like a little person who sits on my shoulder and says things like “no, you can’t do that.” “you’ll never get there.” “that’s not possible for you.” Now with that being said, I am going to try to get back on my blogging game while kicking ass and taking names.
Back to me being overwhelmed, because we’ve all been there. I just want to share a little bit on what’s been helping me.
- Emotional Time
- When work is too much for me to handle, I leave. I call it my emotional time. Sometimes it’s me just going walk outside for some fresh air while talking to my mother on the phone and other times it’s me going to lunch with Kolby (and taking the full 60 minutes) Hell, I have even taken my happy meal to my friends boutique while she was working and ate in the back.
- Separating myself from the situation that’s causing me to feel so overwhelmed really truly helps.
- Meditation Time
- This can be different for anyone. Mine is praying and worship. God is never going to let me down, so 9/10 at work, my headphones are in and I am blaring my Christian playlist saying hallelujah.
- If God has called me to a task, He’s going to be there to help me every step of the way. With Him, all things are possible.
- Creative Outlet
- This ranges for me because I am a creative person. My blog. My drawing. My writing. Sometimes I even nap. If you can write it down. Write. It. Down. Even if it doesn’t make sense. I hardly ever make sense.
Being burnt out and overwhelmed is normal, but don’t let it paralyze you to where you don’t get anything accomplished. Take things one day at a time. Let yourself be emotional. Give yourself affirmation. Accept your imperfections. Let’s do this!
This is the real me reading the email that one of my goal brands I wanted to collaborate with wanted to collaborate with me as well! Enjoy and remember anything is possible!